6/13/2010

The Nutcracker




I have been very busy these days due to my 10 Wk old baby. I have not had a chance to do a big painting yet. I am glad to be able to do small sketching or drawing here and there. Here is my pen & wash experiment, which is a quick 30 min. pen & wash size 3x4 inch in my Thai 80 grams. sketchbook. I use Faber-Castell 0.1 Ecco pen and Holbein watercolors. The ref. photo is provided by ArtbyJune on WDE of Wetcanvas.

I found the book "How to Keep a Sketchbook Journal" by Claudia Nice very informative for me to get start in pen and wash.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Love your squirrel and the ink work in it. Aren't Claudia's books great? I have one of them on landscapes and I just love it.

hocket said...

es un buen trabaji ke nades bien paz..

red road studio said...

Lovely wee drawing - like the loose quality and washes!!!