1/06/2010

After -- Winslow Homer

Well, I guess, a new year deserves a new endeavor. So I am attempting to copy the Master, Winslow Homer. I was in awe last weekend when we went to the best bookstore in Bangkok and they displayed a book of Winslow Homer watercolor works. So that is my inspiration that I hope to continue throughout the year (... we'll see how I do with my art after the baby comes out in late March). All I can say is that it was a tough 2 hours for me painting this small one, I wish I could have a time-machine to ride back to observe Homer live during his session.

Here is my take today, a 9x12 inch watercolor on Canson Monval 140lb:


And here is the original on the cover of the book Tone just bought me as an early gift of my B-day in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, my. This is just super! You are progressing so rapidly in your art. Take care.

Ai said...

Thanks so much Jo. It is a great learning experience.

Pamela Payne said...

Wonderfully done!!!

Ai said...

Thanks so much Pam. Happy New Year to you.

Joan said...

Ai - This came out great!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a DVD of him painting so you can see his process? Great idea for a project.

Ai said...

I agree with you totally, Joan.