10/09/2009

Life Drawing Class#4







These drawings are from my recent life-drawing class on newsprint size paper using Chinese ink. The earlier short poses are meant to be gesture drawing, with one stroke of brush to represent a leg, another stroke to represent an arm, another stroke for the torso, etc.... I did not do that well with this earlier part of the class. But later, we had a couple of longer poses (20 minutes) and a few of 30 minutes that I get to play more with multiple brush strokes and negative painting. I think I feel more comfortable at this stage. It was a good learning experience.

4 comments:

Rose said...

Ai, I love how you are getting into life drawing now! The gestural poses are wonderful! Wow, you really have come so far! Hope you are doing well. xoxo Rose

Ai said...

Thank you so much Rose. It is fun. I love your new icon picture.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

You're really doing well at this... keep at it.

Ai said...

Thanks so much Helen. It is fun.