4/26/2009

Back to music

This is the sketch of our piano for the recent Scavenger Hunt#128 using casein paints.


The enchanting zen from Koh-Tao island trip makes me reconnect with all my senses. I miss playing music. I decide to get back to piano and I am lucky to find a nice instructor who will come to teach me at home every Friday morning. I took 2 lessons so far. It has been great.

I started my first piano lesson when I was late in high school. I had several interruptions. The first one I had to go to senior year in a highschool in the US. Then when I came back to Thailand I got accepted to a University that is quite far from my home. I had to stay in a dorm so no time and no piano to practice. Then when I got my Bachelor I also work far from home again. The following year I got scholarship from the Thai government to go do master an Ph.D in the US. So I had to be away for another 8 years. Once I came back to Thailand in 2002 I had taken a lesson for 2 years but then I quit for my intense work schedule and later I had baby Iris and left thumb tendon injury. So no piano again... until two weeks ago that I restarted the lesson. I hope I can continue despite so many hectic things in life. Now my teacher gives me a simplified piece of "Green Sleeves" to work on.

I am a beginner piano student. I often feel inferior when I hear Tone plays. He is fabulous. I often said to him that he plays piano like I paint. He has a nice way to comfort me that "...But you play piano much better than I paint." What a lovely remark he made. I am lucky to marry Tone then ;-)

2 comments:

Joan said...

What a sweet comment from Tone! It takes a lot of work and practice to make beautiful music, so I'm glad you're getting back into it. The piano painting is lovely!!

Ai said...

Thanks so much Rose and Joan. I hope all the world-wide flu and all sickness will be away from us. So we can have time and energy to do more art and take care of our family.