Art Blog Award
I received an Art Blog Award from Jeanne Grant Art Blog. Thank you so much Jeanne. I am to list 7 things I love and then name 7 more artists to honor.
1. I love my family. They support me and are the wind beneath my wing. I always feel fortunate to come home to them: Tone, and my baby Iris. I thank God for my wonderful parents too.
2. I love my plants/garden. When I was young, my first saving went to buy a pink leafty plant. Unfortunately, I went away for a year of an exchange student program in the US., when I came back the plant was gone. It was my first love. Nowadays, I will wake up early morning watering my plants and talk to them and say 'Hello' to them. They are my babies.
3. I love art. Though I discovered art halfway through my Ph.D study in computer science, I always feel fortunate that I found my true love at last. With art, I learn to appreciate many small things in nature or surrounding, in which, it would mean nothing much to me before otherwise. It has healed me out of my stress in life.
4. I love friends. They show up at the right moment in my life. From my childhood, my school friends, my exchanged-student year in Vermont, USA, my Thai penpal, my American penpal, my friends during my study in Alabama, my internet art friends, my kind co-worker. Friends are fascinating and always give you sincere advice and show you how to look at the world in a better way.
5. I love culture. I learned to travel as an exchanged student to the US. to learn that culture may be different but people are the same regardless of where they are. People are basic architecture and culture are decoration. I was away for 8.5 years for my graduate study, and I was back to Thailand with the hunger for Thai culture. I long for Thai traditional life. I hope I get to explore more countries as much as I can.
6. I love to play piano. I learn piano quite late in my senior high school. So I had to be away to university dorms and cannot practice much. Lately I had wrist injury and did not play for two years and I also divide my time between my art and family. So piano has not been much part of my life but I do hope to get back to it little by little.
7. I love to cook. I love shopping for fresh ingredients at the market. I love to grow my own vegetables. My ultimate vacation will be getting to cook leisurely to my friends.
Well now you know what are my loves. So now I'd like to nominate other artists who deserve a nice award.
I will be back to complete the list of 7 artists later.